Student Spotlight: Sarah Castellano, Study Abroad Spring 2018

December 27, 2020

I absolutely adored my time at John Cabot University during Spring 2018. It was one of the most transformative times of my life and it has equipped me with so many useful life skills. I still keep in touch with the friends I made during my study abroad at JCU, and we all look back fondly on the memories we shared.

Sarah Castellano

While I was at JCU, I joined the soccer team which was definitely a highlight of my semester. I was able to branch out and become good friends with the degree-seeking students, giving me even more exposure to the culture of Rome. This exposure to new kinds of thinking helped me to become more open-minded and accepting of other cultures.

Additionally, the material I learned from my classes has stuck with me. All of my professors were exceptional and I will use the skills that I learned now that I am pursuing a Master's degree. In particular, I loved my history class, Cities, Towns, and Villas with Professor Elisabeth Fuhrmann-Schembri. This class provided such amazing insight into the history that Rome has to offer. I fell in love with the city and this class was a big part of that. I highly recommend that all students take this class.

I also loved my Business Communication class with Professor Michèle Favorite. While this class was the hardest I took, the skills I learned are very transferable. I use the knowledge gained from this class every day in my business program. Professor Favorite is extremely knowledgeable and is able to push students to produce the best work possible. I would not be the professional I am today without her class. If any students are looking at pursuing business they should have this class on their schedule.

Anytime I meet someone who is traveling to Rome, I immediately send them my list of 'must-do's' and tell them about Trastevere. That little part of Rome has a piece of my heart forever.

Sarah Castellano

Sarah Castellano

Hometown: Northville, Michigan

Home University: Albion College

Study Abroad Spring 2018

Communication Major, Management Minor

View all posts

Subscribe and stay up to date

Subscribe and stay up to date

Request Info »